Dry skin and cold weather itch
Cold weather and itchy skin
Return to top
Here are some recommendations for dealing with dry skin:
Kevin Berman, MD, PhD, Associate, Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Disease, Atlanta, GA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
- Take fewer and shorter baths. When you bathe, avoid hot water.
- Moisturize your skin immediately after bathing in order to prevent the skin from drying.
- Avoid overdrying wet skin. Try patting your skin dry.
- Avoid excessive use of soap. Try a soapless cleanser.
- Don't overheat your house, and use a humidifier if you live in a dry climate.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. Copyright 1997-2009, A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.